• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Looking for Para Nose Cutting Tool/Fixture - Rent or Borrow

PlasticMag

FALaholic #
I'd like to cut a para nose into my DS Arms receiver. I don't have a desire to send the receiver out and would like to do it myself if possible - but this will be a one-off for me and I'm not inclined to purchase tooling for it. If anyone has the cutter, extension, and any fixturing to help keep the cutter in position and steady I'd like to borrow or rent it. I have the receiver here with me and will need the tools for about 24hrs before I can return them.

meltblown

Resident Smart Ass
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
A Dremmel is an unacceptable answer. You can find a cutter at Grainger and get a pilot the size close to the gas tube diameter. Then buy a drill extension that's about 6 inches. If you buy the HSS probably 2 cuts before it gets dull. I forget the OD of the cutter. Expect to spend about $80 for the whole rig. Don't fuck it up